Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Star Outreach is a charitable foundation made up of people in the community, assisting the community of Star, Idaho, to help meet basic human needs while preserving dignity and anonymity.
Star Outreach is a Public Charity under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3).
Established in 2007, Star Outreach serves the city of Star with a Food Bank, annual School Supply Drive, Holiday Adopt-A-Family, a Recycle-A-Bicycle program, a new Summer Lunch program, a newly planned Community Garden, and assisting the seniors in our community with minor household repairs.
Star Outreach Programs
Our programs include:
- The Community Garden, which is scheduled to start in the Spring of 2012, will provide our youth the opportunity to grow fresh food for the community. Read More==>
- Twice a year, Star Outreach hosts Food Drives to stock the pantries of our Food Bank. Read More==>
- Each August, Star Outreach coordinates a School Supply Drive. Read More==>
- Star Outreach has a Summer Lunch Program to feed the youth of Star, Idaho during the summer months. Read More==>
- Every kid should have a bicycle of their own. Through their Recycle-A-Bicycle Program, Star Outreach collects gently used bicycles, which are refurbished and donated back to the community. Read More==>
- During the Christmas holidays, Star Outreach has an Adopt-A-Family Program that to match up individuals and groups which a family or a senior to assist them with the holiday. Read More==>
With so many programs to assist the community of Star, you can imagine the need for volunteers. Can you help?
If you have a capacity to assist us, please let us know by filing out our Volunteer form.